Gary Clarke Class - Folded Boxes
Registration Now Closed
St. Paul Needleworkers is very pleased to announce that Australian Gary Clarke will return to Minnesota later this year as part of the 2019 International Teacher Tour! He will teach his Folded Boxes class on Saturday and Sunday, November 9-10, 2019. Gary has always been a popular teacher and, since he is planning to retire next year, this may be the last chance to take a class with him in the US.
Gary was born and lives in Tasmania, Australia. He studied Art at Launceston Matriculation and Art Colleges, with distinctions in both. He has worked as a textile designer and has written six books on embroidery, as well as taught and lectured on embroidery in England, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, and throughout Australia.
Folded Boxes: Gary calls the technique for this project “Working in the Dark”. The pattern is on the reverse side of the fabric and the foundation of the design is worked from the back. The pattern is then filled in and given detail from the front. Students will receive all four designs in the kit and will choose one to work in class. The colors for the design will also be chosen in class, so there is plenty of opportunity to exercise your creativity! You will also learn how to make simple boxes.
This class is suitable for all levels of stitchers. The finished size of this project is a 2.75” (7 cm) cube. The kit includes the black poplin fabric, threads, beads, all 4 patterns, instructions, and a DVD. There is no pre-work required. Students may provide additional thread and beads, if desired.
· Registration Fees and Kit Fees:
· EGA Members: Registration Fee $110 + Kit Fee $65 = $175
· Non-EGA Members: Registration Fee $135 + Kit Fee $65 = $200
· Registration deadline is July 15, 2019. Early registration is appreciated!
· The class will be held at the Fridley Community Center, 6085—7th Street NE, Fridley, MN 55432. This facility has plenty of free parking and is handicap accessible.
· Classes will start at 9 AM and finish by 4 PM, with a break for lunch.
· Lunch is NOT included in your registration fee. We will organize a group order from a local restaurant or you can bring your own brown bag lunch.
· Registration is open to all EGA members on a first come, first served basis. Maximum class size is 28-30. Non-EGA members may register on a space-available basis.
· If you are coming from out of town there are several hotels in the general area. Contact us for information.
The Registration Form is available here.